Whenever you read an essay, you can’t carry the entire write up in your mind. Which part of the essay leaves the footprints in your memory? Probably, it is the topic and the discussion in the conclusion part. It always seems to be an easy task to write a conclusion for an essay but it is not as you need to present the entire content in a wrapped and effective manner. This obvious task of essay writing explores the idea, point, and view under one umbrella subheading i.e. ‘conclusion’.
‘Making it brief’ is not the only rule that many online essay conclusion examples are following. There are many minor and major points that one should keep in mind. The poking question of ‘how to write an effective conclusion’ is going to be answered here in the most effective manner.
How to Conclude an Essay?
First of all, you should know that a conclusion is not just a summary of the entire essay. This is the evidence that you are closing the essay by concluding the various shreds of evidence. This needs to be convincing and equally striking in every aspect.
Here is an outline for writing a conclusion for an essay that one must follow:
The outline begins by answering the question ‘how to start a conclusion in an essay’. This is the thesis statement of the entire essay. You need to rephrase your thesis statement that you have used as a foundation of your essay.
- Main Part
This is the main part of the conclusion that comes after the thesis statement. Here you need to summarize the various subpoints of your essay. Don’t go beyond 2-3 sentences as it may exaggerate the conclusion part.
- Concluding Sentence
Here is the final impression of your essay, which will be the last sentence of your conclusion. You need to provide a sense of closure by keep it connected with the soul of your exhaustive essay. Inform your reader with the end-idea of your write up.
How to Write a Good Conclusion for an Essay?
To set some peculiarity for your essay, you need to put some effort. Here are a few points to follow:
- The number of sentences on your conclusion depends on the number of paragraphs in the body of your essay.
- The conclusion sentence of your essay should be opposite to the introduction sentence. There is no need to contradict your own views; you can play with the ideas.
- As you have started the essay with some generic or routine, the conclusion should carry some specific information.
- Avoid writing any new information in the conclusion part as it may confuse the reader.
- There is no need to restate each information of your essay in the conclusion part. Keep it short and informed.
The lousy words in the conclusion may spoil the entire endeavors of your essay writing. Once you get how to conclude an essay, you can impress your readers by leaving a strong point of view in their comprehension.